This year our programme will focus on the following subject matters:
• The Government’s Legislative Agenda: recent and upcoming changes that schools need to be aware of:
- Summary of the changes to the Employment Relations Act 2000
- New entitlement to Domestic/Family Violence Leave
- Introduction of pay equity legislation: the effect this may have on schools
- Fair Pay Agreements
- The Employment Relations (Triangular Employment) Amendment Bill: effect on schools who engage temporary workers
- Upcoming changes to the Privacy Act 1993
• School Rules: ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Effect of the Human Rights Act 1993 and the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act within this context
• Workplace Mental Health and the Law
- Legal risks when dealing with workplace mental health
- Discrimination on mental health grounds – Human Rights Act 1993
- Psychological Harm – Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Case law on bullying and harassment
• What we can learn from the latest dismissal and disadvantage case in Education.
Target Audience: Board Members, Heads/Principals, Bursars/Business Managers, HR Managers, and anyone with an interest/responsibilities in Human Resources.
Price: $260.87 excl GST
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations will incur a $50 administration fee.